We only recommend products that we have used from companies that we trust! When you buy something using the retail links in our posts, we may earn a small commission.
We smoke a lot of pork in our house. One of our favorite cuts is a whole pork shoulder. The cut usually runs between 8-10 pounds. Once it is smoked and pulled, we usually end up with 5-7 pounds of delicious pulled pork. While I would be happy to eat pulled pork on a roll until it is all gone, not everyone is wired like I am. I found a delicious compromise to keep things fresh for the rest of the family, the Mason-Dixon Pulled Pork Tortilla Wrap. By slightly transforming the delicious, smoky pork into another dish, it helps to use up the remainder.
Our family has fallen in love with the Tortilla Wrap.
If you don’t know what that is – no worries!!
Let us introduce you to this super simple and delicious trend!
The Tortilla Wrap
Who knows where this idea came from – but we love it! The tortilla wrap brings crunchy, savory, sweet, and gooey together in one nice neat package. It is super simple and leaves us scratching our heads – wondering why we didn’t come up with this sooner!!
Let’s get cooking!
Mason-Dixon Pulled Pork Tortilla Wrap
- 10″ Tortilla Wrapper
- 2 Pieces Pepper-Jack Cheese
- 3-4 Ounces Pulled Pork
- Stubb’s Sticky Sweet BBQ Sauce
- 2 TBSP Cole Slaw
- 1/2 TBSP Butter
- Lay the tortilla down on a plate and make a slice from the center of the tortilla to the bottom.
- Place a slice of Pepper-Jack cheese in Section 1 and another in Section 4. Trim the edges of the cheese slightly so that it fits on the tortilla wrapper.
- Place your Pulled Pork in Section 2. Add Stubb’s BBQ sauce to taste.
- Spoon Cole Slaw into Section 3.
- Pre-heat 10″ or larger pan over medium-low heat.
- Coat pan with butter.
- Once butter starts to brown slightly, gently slide your tortilla wrapper on to the sizzling pan
- Cook tortilla over medium-low heat until cheese is fully melted.
- Once cheese is fully melted, use a spatula to lift up the lower left edge of Section 1 of the tortilla.
- Fold Section 1 over so that it completely covers Section 2.
- Apply a bit of pressure to ensure the melted cheese sticks to the pulled pork.
- Now fold Section 2 over to the right so that it completely covers Section 3.
- Flatten the tortilla out so that there are no lumps or bumps in the surface.
- Fold Section 4 up to completely cover Section 3.
- Make sure the melted cheese sticks to the tortilla wrapper.
- Center the tortilla wrapper in the pan and let it brown for 30-45 seconds.
- Flip and repeat.
This recipe is so simple and packs a ton of flavor into a small, crunchy, hand-held package. The best part is, you can customize this recipe however you would like. Try this recipe out and let us know what you think of the Mason-Dixon Pulled Pork Tortilla Wrap!!
Subscribe to get recipes straight to your Inbox!
Mason-Dixon Pulled Pork with Southern Slaw
We are back with another tasty addition to the Mason-Dixon family of recipes. Our Mason-Dixon Pulled Pork with Southern Slaw…
Colorado Springs – Garden of the Gods
We love getting out in nature. As fortune has it, we were lucky enough to get to Colorado last summer.…
Simple Guide to Jointers and Planers
As with most of our guides, we like to keep things pretty simple. Our Simple Guide to Jointers and Planers…